Re: This seems impossible, but this formala is on the bottom of page 471 in CRC SMTaF...

Well, I wanted to insert a file and send it, but Thunderbird on Debian is SOOOO
BRAINDEAD that the pulldown doesn't have that option.  Shiiiit!

Bill Warner wrote:

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/StatisticalMedian.html

Xeno Campanoli wrote:

CRC Standard Mathematical Tables and Formulae, 29th Edition...

Mean - Mode = 3 ( Mean - Median)

?????

This is under the assertion:

"Empirical Relation Between Mean, Median, and Mode".

I think the problem is the "=" sign is a typographical error, and perhaps should be something like ... actually I can't even seem to guess that. Surly not ">=".

xc

--
Xeno Campanoli:  http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno
The real disaster is ANY TIME WE GET A BUSH FOR PRESIDENT!