Re: XFree86 with i915 chipset fails with the i810 driver

G Christiansson wrote:

>Dear Debian people,
>
>I can not get my XFree86 to work with the i810 driver, and tried for
>hours with various Google-based tips, so now I ask you.

I don't know about your Fujitsu PC, but I've seen similar issues with
i810-based Dells. I find that if I go into the BIOS, video RAM is only
set to 1MB; when I change it to the other option of 8MB, my problems go
away.

It might be worth looking into on your box.

--
Kent