Vista/Longhorn [was Re: What is the different between ...]

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 01:10:15PM +0100, Joseph Haig wrote:
> --- Hendrik Boom <hendrik@pooq.com> wrote:

> > > So there is truth in the rumours that Windows Vista is going to be
> > > Linux based?  But I suppose Debian with a Windows kernel wouldn't
> > > strictly be Linux based.  I dread to think what it would be, though
> > -
> > > <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049366/>
> >
> > Never heard of Windows Vista.  What is it?
> >

> Official name of the next version of Windows, previously called
> Longhorn.  It is due to be released in summer 2004 - wait, I think the
> deadline may have slipped a bit.

And watch the sh_t hit the fan. I'm predicting major headaches, like
"Why can't I read my document in xxx app" etc

See the links below for the gory details.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html
http://www.eff.org/Infrastructure/trusted_computing/20031001_tc.php
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

--