Re: permissions below /dev/ across reboots

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:50:55 +0200
Hanspeter Roth <hampi@rootshell.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How does one set the permission of /dev/net/tun so that they remain
> across reboots?

I wasn't succesful when I tried to do it for use with qemu.

I did however find a script on the net named qemu-ifup-sudo, which
initiates a tun connection and uses dhcp to give the client in the
qemu session a network address.

The way it works for qemu, you put qemu-ifup-sudo in /etc then in the
qemu-ifup script that qemu expects to find you put in:

#!/bin/sh

sudo /etc/qemu-ifup-sudo

#end

: then use visudo to give users permission to run the script.

For a single user named seeker a line like this is needed:

seeker  ALL=(ALL) /etc/qemu-ifup-sudo

: this configuration requires the user's log in password when qemu is
run.

Later, Seeker