Re: Apt for organising things other than executables?

2005/9/4, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@pooq.com>:
> On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 03:51:53PM +0100, Max wrote:
> >
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Is there a dead easy way of registering a file as having a dependency in
> > apt?  Can you perhaps recommend a web site that's nice and short and easy
> > to follow with instructions on how to do this?
>
> Either this is a joke or there's something I really don't know about.

Option 1.  19 1/2 wouldn't even fit into a ternary logic system, so I
suppose it would have to be a quantum computer.   When short and
comprehensible go together it's a rare and welcome event.  Add
comprehensive and I know that I'm in heaven.

> > I'd like to play with using apt as a general method of organising my files
> > and deleting them when they are no longer in demand.
>
> It sound as if you need some king of persistent object system with a
> garbage collector.  Does anyone know of any?

Garbage collector because of circularly linked dependencies.  But I
reckon apt must have that already.

So yes, were I to wish to use apt on a set of files of my own, how do I do it?

Regards,

Max