Re: Automatically getting dependencies with dpkg.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 12:37:43PM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have often wanted to install a few debs in some directory onto my
> system, but invariably, they are inter-`dependent' (i.e. I don't know
> the "order" in which to `dpkg -i' them), and, in some cases, depend on
> other packages which are not there in that directory, but are there in
> my apt repository. What could be an automatic solution to this?

Incidentally, there is an "automatic" solution to this.  You can simply
set up a local automatic Debian repository and then place the packages
inside of it.  I have written a detailed HOWTO on the subject:

http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/?page=debian

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez