Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

Just a data point for you all.

I run mailing lists for a charitable organization entirely staffed by
volunteers.  We went to reply-to-list and it was the right call.

This list might be different, but I (and the corporation) are not in a
position to tell our volunteers "If you don't like it, get a different
mailer and learn to use it!"  They won't and we can't make them -- all
we can do is drive them away.  So we went to reply-to-list, and
periodically (once a month or so) a private message goes to the list.

It's still better than the old way, with over half of replies going to
poster, all of which were meant for the list.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.