Re: Debian

Hello

I'm trying to use the WCCPv2 patch by Visolve with Squid-2.5.9-10 debian package. There is a little BIG problem.
The existing patch modifies autoconf stuff. So, you should use the ./bootstrap.sh script provided with Squid, or running auto* by hand.

Existing autoconf input files is just for automake-1.5 and autoconf-2.53. There is no automake-1.5 version for Debian, so you can't recreate new configure file ( and the others ).

So, finally, I'm doing that by hand. Indeed, the rest of the patches are applied the same way ( take a look on debian/patches/ and you will see how patches modify directly the configure and not the configure.in file ).

I think that tomorrow I'll have a quality package with enabled-wccpv2 for debian. I'm creating a new patch that modify configure instead configure.in.

At the moment I haven't got the patch being reversible, so, dpkg-buildpackage just work once. I'll be studying that tomorrow.

If you're still interested on such a package I can provide you my debian source packages and the package itself.

please, since I'm not subscribed to debian-user mailinglist, send me a mail directly.
BR,
Francisco Gimeno

Hallo all.

I have Debian witch 2.6 kernel and Squid 2.5.9
I would like use squid like transparent proxy with wccpv2
in cisco infrastructure.
Who have expirience with implementation this or,
existing patch for WCCPv2 support for squid-2.5.9 and debian?

Thanks.

Juro.

Francisco Gimeno