hard related

I had a lightening strike take out my other computer. Everything seems
fine, and I have moved over to another box, same specs.

Everything, except the cd's , work as advertised.

When I plug both the cdrom, and dvd-writer into the ide bus, the
computer will not get to the "check memory" check bios phase. Yet when
I unplug either the cdrom or the dvd-writer the system boots, and
functions as it should.

I have both cd devices set to "cable select".

I've tried another IDE cable, same result.

Any other things I may be missing

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>