Re: Postgresql on Debian

Ok. I understanding, but I have a new problem. I installed the pentium-builder and set the DEBIAN_BUILDARCH variable. On my computer, an Athlon-XP, this works fine. However, on other machine, a Pentium III Coppermine, the #apt-get -b source postgresql-8.0 command returns "your platform is not thread-safety". Why?

Thanks in advance.

Eriberto

Dave Ewart escreveu:

Well, techically the 'i386' refers to the platform as a whole and may
well in fact be a i686 compilation.  Why don't you just install it and
see if it performs sufficiently well for your purposes?