Re: WINE

On 8/17/05, David R. Litwin <presently42@gmail.com> wrote:
> My appologies. It does indeed give a Log file. Here are the Contents:
>
>  err:module:import_dll Library CRYPTNET.dll (which is needed by
> L"D:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe") not found
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"D:\\Program
> Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe" failed, status c0000135

Looks to me like CRYPTNET.dll is missing from your WINE's
fake_windows.  Did you run the MSN Messenger installer, or did you
simply run the EXE from an old Windows installation?  Did you try
copying that DLL to the same place msnmsgr.exe is?

I have to admit, I feel a little...dirty for helping you run MSN
Messenger in WINE.  :)

> All I did, by the bye, was apt-get install wine wine-utils. Perhaps I must
> configure some thing? But, why, then, did Dariush (a Go programme) work?

Who knows?  Different programs are...different.  Some work, some don't.  :)