an update to testing broke my nvidia driver (from nvidia-installer)

Hi

I upgraded today from sarge to testing and all went well!

But I found afterwards my graphics a bit slow and then I decided to
reinstall the last nvidia driver from the source as I do usually.
It refused to build! telling that the kernel-headers package has not
been found! So I must admit that I run my own kernel (2.6.12.3 compiled
the debian way under sarge).

Could the fact that this kernel has been build under sarge responsible
for the impossibility of building the nvidia driver? or what can be the
matter and how can I solve that issue??

Best regards,

--
Brice Méalier