how to make dselect "forgot" what it wants to remove

Hi,

If I do an update using dselect and it reports that n packages will be
installed and nnn will be removed, and I abort dselect (thinking to do
it later hoping newer packages will resolve the issue), I notice that
the next time if I start dselect it still remembers which packages it
wanted to uninstall earlier(assuming newer updates haven't affected
that). And if I do nothing, just choose to removing pending packages, it
removes all of these (which, I guess, is expected).

How do I tell dselect to forgot what it wanted to do in the previous
update session and start anew the next time?

thanks,
->HS
--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.