hotplug (?) scripts

I've got ndiswrapper working on Sarge (kernel 2.6) but the problem is that I have to physically unplug and replug the usb wireless card each time the machine is rebooted, and then execute a couple of commands to bring it to life.

How can I make a script that executes when the card is inserted, and ideally one that executes when it is removed? Since the PC is in a remote location and only has a power connection w/o a keyboard or screen, I can't do this at the PC itself and must rely on it executing the script itself.

Ta,
Dave