Re: Troubling security news for sarge users of mozilla, firefox, thunderbird...

On 8/2/05, ke6isf <ke6isf@chez-vrolet.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Ralph Katz wrote:
>
> > Yet I'm wondering how other sarge users are going to address the
> > security concerns?  Backport, install from Mozilla tarball, upgrade to
> > unstable, change to kmail/konqueror?
>
> It would seem that the easiest way to deal with this is to go off tree and
> use the tarball.
>
> -Dennis Carr

Thanks for posting this .. I've been wondering why no updates on
firefox.  In fact, pending updates, I already downloaded and am using
the mozilla.org tarball.  I highly value having a secure browser, so
am willing to spend the extra time making it fit into sarge.

I'm not sure I agree that taking the whole version update from moz.org
is less desirable than just incorporating the security updates into a
"frozen" browser feature package.  After all, if your smart enough to
install debian, you're smart enough to learn any new browser features.

bye,