Re: swapon -a does not work when bootin, but it _does_ work from the command line

Problem solved!

In my particular case the SATA driver was not loaded at the time when the SATA
partition/swap space was mounted. I finally managed to find the solution by
serching on mount problems with SATA drives instead of concetrating on
problems with swap space activation (see the excellent page at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=30233 )

The soulution for me was to add the following line in /etc/modules which loads
the apropriate  (nvidia) SATA driver:

sata_nv

I do think that there is a bug in debian - since earlier the sata driver was
loaded later during harware detection (but this was done after mounting
partitions). I beleive that changeing the initation order should remedy this
problem. Should this be reported as a bug?

Best regards - Jan