Re: Aptitude erroneously thinks many packages are unused and wants to remove them.

> That's the point.  _It_ (aptitude hasn't been told to install them.
> This situation often arises when packages have been installed with
> apt-get, in which case it's not aptitude's fault that _it_ doesn't know
> that you want to install them.

I'd assumed that there were just two package states concerning that:

manually installed: not marked with A
auto-installed: marked with A

Even if there's a third, neutral, unmarked state - it's still a
problem in my eyes when users switch from dselect to aptitude. Where
does it say "thou shalt only use one package managing frontend?"

C.