Re: Sarge dselect Shows Corrupted Screen Menu Choice 2

On (01/08/05 07:49), Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	I posted about this last week and got no response so I will
> try a shorter version.
>
> 	I have upgraded 3 systems to sarge from woody.  All 3 systems
> exhibit the same behavior when running dselect either over the network
> or via serial console.
>
> 	dselect starts normally but when I select 2 for software
> selection, the screen fills with w's or p's wherever white space
> should be.  If I capture the output as in
>
> tee dselect outputfile
>
> I get the rain of w's both on screen and in the output file.
>
> 	After this starts, it continues until I get out of dselect
> although parts of it do display correctly such as the progress
> messages when loading software.
>
> 	Other full-screen applications work normally.  Only dselect
> seems to be effected.  The corruption sometimes fills the screen with
> p's for white space but mostly w's.  Any ideas?

I'm not sure about the specific problem you describe but it is
recommended that you upgrade woody to sarge using aptitude.

Suggest you do:

# apt-get install aptitude

Then run aptitude interactively ie.

# aptitude

If you press g (only once) aptitude will display what packages are to be
upgraded, removed etc. = will hold them

see man aptitude

Regards

Clive