Debian Sarge Compatible Laptop Hardware

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. I'm looking to buy a Debian Sarge
compatible laptop - yes, I know, most should probably be compatible,
but wanted to check that before I went ahead and bought one.

What I'm really after, is a make of laptop that uses components e.g.
ram, hard drive - that you can easily buy in an online shop like
scan.co.uk e.g.
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=16&FilterCategories=41&Thumbnails=yes

As opposed to a laptop that uses brand-only parts e.g. DELL ....

So - any sugestions? Looking to buy second hand e.g. from someone like
http://www.2ndchancepc.co.uk/pclaptops.html.

Any suggestions/thoughts really appreciated.
Thanks, Jim.