Re: Question about hard disk partition strategy for debian

Martin Dickopp wrote:
> IMHO, the main reason for having /usr on a separate partition is that
> it can be mounted read-only.

Good point. But if you have put everything else that requires write
access in separate partitions (eg., /var, /tmp) perhaps one can mount
the whole '/' filesystem read-only? I have never tried that, but if you
mount /usr read-only to protect your binaries, one would think that you
should want to protect your /bin and /sbin binaries in a similar way?

//Rickard