Re: apt-get deprecated?

On Thursday 05 May 2005 23:59, Wim De Smet wrote:
> Now there's several bugs posted on aptitude (check bugs.debian.org)
> about its command line interface. Apparently, this loading of the
> package cache doesn't happen completely or reliably in command line
> mode, resulting in aptitude not knowing about any packages you
> installed with apt-get, or manually set to hold with dpkg (and not
> with aptitude). Running aptitude and going in the curses interface
> should be a reliable workaround.

Thanks for the warning on that, but I've seen the mass-uninstall
thing happening in TUI mode as well.  I read somewhere
official that aptitude has different apt preferences by default, which
is probably a big factor.  I, personally, just haven't seen the need
to work out the cause though, given that other tools act in a way that
seems more intuitive.

--
Lee.