Re: cdrdao problem

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 09:27:05PM -0500, Gnu-Raiz wrote:
> > "Edward J. Shornock" <debian-ml@crazeecanuck.homelinux.net>
> > Wrote:	A few (possible) things...
> >
> >It looks like you may be using SCSI emulation.  If so, try to remove
> the
> >ide-scsi module with "rmmod ide-scsi".  If it is built-in to your
> >kernel, try recompiling without SCSI emulation.
> >
> >What if you change the --device part to "--device ATAPI:0,0,0" ?
> >
> >Does it fail if you run the command as root?  If not, are you in the
> >"cdrom" group?  What are the permissions on /usr/bin/cdrdao?
> >

> >On my server, after adding myself to the cdrom group and setting
> >cdrdao
> >setuid, I receive the following:
> >$ cdrdao scanbus
> >Cdrdao version 1.1.9 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas@daneb.de>
>  >SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
>   >Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty
>
> >Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver
> >tables.
>
> >Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'
>
> >ATA:1,0,0            HP      , CD-Writer cd16b , 2.00
> >ATA:1,1,0            SAMSUNG , DVD-ROM SD-616F , F100
>

> >hth
>
> I agree; if your using a 2.6 kernel you really do not need scsi
> emulation, its depreciated anyway.  Also if your going to copy music
> from a cd to harddrive, or to another format you might want to try
> cdda2wav, cdda2mp3, cdda2ogg all those work fine, gives you the
> desired format.

I'm back to 2.4, as that was what was working before. I'll explore the
mysteries of 2.6 after i reproduce what oence worked :-)

> If you do use cdrdao you might want to use the read-cd option. Which
> might look something like this. You might want to see the man page,
> or the info page of cdrdao for more information.

Mmm, no. I'm trying to _copy_ a CD. That's all I want out of this.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967