Re: cdrdao problem

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 07:00:21AM -0500, Gnu-Raiz wrote:
> > From: stan <stanb@panix.com>
> >
> > I'm tring to use cdrdao to copy some new CD's. I'm using a scipt
> >that I have used in the past. It looks like this:
> >
> >cdrdao copy --eject --speed 16 --eject  --device 0,0,0 --driver
> >generic-mmc --source-driver generic-mmc toc
> >
> >But, now, after reading in the Cd, I'm getting the following error:
> >
> >Turning BURN-Proof on
> >Executing power calibration...
> >Power calibration successful.
> >ERROR: Drive does not accept any cue sheet variant - please report.
> >ERROR: Writing failed.
> >ERROR: CD copying failed.
> >
> >The writer is an HP CD writer 16.
> >
> >I was trying this under the 2.6 kernel, but I;ve alos tried it with
> >2.4. Same results.
> >
> >Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
>
> Have you tried it by hand instead of the script?

Ues, with the same results,

Doing a quick google
> search it seems that some people are having problems with some media,

The media is out of a pack that I;ve been using for a while, so I suspect
it is good. I have tried several different CD's.

> is the media blank, does the supposed file fit the media used? Also
> what does cdrdao scanbus show?

Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'

0,0,0 : HP      , CD-Writer cd16r , OKS1
0,1,0 :         , ATAPI CDROM     , 110B
SHLVL=1: ERROR: unknow subsystem (scd0) in (/dev/sr0)
SHLVL=1: ERROR: unknow subsystem (scd1) in (/dev/sr1)

On one of 3 different computers I have tried this on,
> Anyway it might be helpful for you to post more information about your
> toc, and what files are you trying to burn.

I'm trying to _copy_ a (music) CD, so it should fit. I was wondering about
the toc also, I don't actually have a toc file. This seems strange, but the
reason it's a script is that I stored what last worked by hand in the
script for future reference.

Am I doing this wrong?