Re: Regex expert needed

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 08:41, Mr Mike wrote:
> On Saturday 30 April 2005 03:42 pm, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > I am using PHP and I am trying to parse a string into substrings
>
> You know...  if I ask this sorta question all I get is RTFM and in reality
> that's the correct answer...  When I had regex questions I bought a couple
> books and spent hours and hours reading and experimenting till I figured
> out what I needed...  My personal thoughts here is, this guys' gettin a
> free pass... while I ask for help on a legitimate topic like my apt CDROM
> method fuckin up and nobody gives it a second look...

I get plenty of questions that I ask here ignored, but I don't fret - I read
some more, figure a way of asking the question differently and try again.

In this particular case, I read the manual thoroughly - but got confused
because I was asking a "not" match question.  So I googled around to try and
find the answer, but no luck.

I then came here to ask the question - and I tried to ask it in such a way
that it would be an interesting puzzle for someone who thought they really
understood regex's. (should that be regex\'s :-))

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk