Re: choose the default display manager

I can't figure that out! I summarize the previous state:

1.) console says: kdm and wdm are started (kdm because of the
"false" value in the conf-script, wdm because it's the default-display-
manager)
2.) kdm takes over and runs kde. According to pstree and ps no wdm
is running.

What I did:
1.) I set the default display manager to kdm
2.) I set update-alternatives --set x-window-manager /usr/bin/kwin
which should be kde.

What happens:
1.) console says kdm is started
2.) But it's not kdm, I get a login window from another DM
3.) When I log in I get a gnome session, which I never selected and
according to pstree no wdm is running but there are lots of "gnome-"
things...

And of course, if I set the default-display-manager back to wdm it's
wdm *and* kdm that get started again and I get my kde session.

Any other advice? Thanks again!
Hans-Joerg v. Mettenheim