Re: [OT] X-friendly KVM switch?

On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:09:04 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

> On 2005-05-02, Michael Perry penned:
>>
>> I've used a few before.  Most recently, the iogear two port works
>> very well for me with X running and switching between a XP Pro box
>> and a Linux system.  I don't lose the mouse; dont have to switch to
>> a console.  The two port iogear PS/2 kvm's are very reasonable in
>> price and they support a lot of different mouse controls.  I'm using
>> a cordless optical MS mouse which never gets lost.  I've also used a
>> MS trackball explorer and its worked flawlessly.  There is an older
>> 4 port iogear which will not support my mouse correctly.
>>
>> I've found the two port iogear at amazon for around 25.00 with
>> shipping included.
>
> I don't see it at amazon =/  Also, given that you've had problems with
> some iogears in the past, I don't want to buy one without knowing the
> model ...

HI Monique-

Shoulda provided the complete story... Sorry about that.  Here is the one
I am using with great success,

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006IRR8/qid=1115063987/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/102-5805472-9820964?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

Just to restate... This one works very well with two different MS mouse
types I have tried including the MS Trackball Explorer and the MS Cordless
Optical Mouse.  I switch between two systems all the time and never lose
the cursor or have any problems with X.  I don't have to restart any
services.  I don't run GPM here at all on my debian box.

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org