Re: Gnome to KDE

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
David R. Litwin wrote:

When I boot up in to my Sarge, it automatically goes to the Gnome
style login screen. How do I make it go to the KDE type?

Assuming you are using GDM, then there should be a button marked
"session" that will let you choose which desktop environment/window
manager you want.

I think this is more towards GDM vs KDM.

If so, (and if kdm isn't installed)..

apt-get install kdm

Once it's downloaded and goes through the config you can choose which login manager you want to use (gdm, kdm, xdm, etc). Pick kdm.

If it is already installed, just run `dpkg-reconfigure kdm' and you will get the prompt asking which login manager you want to use.