Re: do I really need "make-kpkg clean"?

On May 01 2005, H. S. wrote:
> It is only the compilaton of a new kernel after "make-kpkg clean" that
> takes around 50 or 58 minutes (1.8 GHz PIV with 256 MB of RAM).

I think that you can consider yourself quite lucky, because, while I have
not checked it on my system, a PowerPC G3 400MHz, with a *slow* HD and 64MB
of RAM, it takes ages to compile a new kernel.

I am trying to compile kernel 2.6.12-rc3-mm2 on my machine (see the thread
on lkml regarding this kernel) and it took ages to finish. And I just want
to experiment with FUSE and see other things working on a big-endian
machine.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/