Re: Network Everywhere NX100U-WM NIC

Marc Shapiro wrote:

Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
Marc Shapiro wrote:
00:04.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys Network
Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 model NC100 (rev 11)
	Subsystem: Linksys: Unknown device 0570
It's been my experience that whenever a device shows
up as "Unknown", my best solution has been to upgrade my kernel.

I upgraded to 2.4.18-686 and that got the module to
load.  Unfortunately, that did not get my LAN working,
so the NIC was probably NOT the problem.
Can you "ping localhost"?
Can you ping your gateway, by address? by name?

I have a temporary workaround, if anyone can help me
with it.  I have a Lucent Winmodem installed in my
desktop machine (not the one with the new NIC).  If I
can get it working, I can at least use my normal
desktop machine for e-mail and connection to the Net
while I try to work out the LAN problems.  The
pertinent section of lspci on that box is:

0000:00:0b.0 Communication controller: Lucent
Microelectronics LT WinModem (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Lucent Microelectronics LT WinModem
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV-
Argh; I hate winmodems. It's possible that you can find a working driver here: http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem/

But the only binary driver I found for Debian for 2.6 is for 2.6.8, so you might still have some issues.

--
Kent