Re: Kernel 2.6 + Raid + base-config = problem?

hi,

i checked the unstable mdadm package with dpkg yesterday and the
patch has been added. after an aptitude upgrade everything was
"nearly"  fine on my machine again. on the first boot i got a
corrupted filesystem plus kernel panic which stalled the boot, so i had
to use a live distribution to fsck my volumes. don't know why, because
the array where my system is on was always active and fine. after
repairing this everything was fine again.

if you want to be on the safe side and get a rescue disc before doing
this, i used r.i.p (rescue is possible) 12.2, which did its job very good.
it supports raid plus lvm2, that's my setup and why i chose it. raid
arrays are autodetected and started, lvm2 has to be started manually,
but that's no big deal.

get an iso from freshmeat:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/recoveryispossible/? branch_id=8898&release_id=164336

by the way, ich sehe gerade dass du ne freenet.de adresse hast ;)

grüsse,
oliver