Re: man pages for command line completion

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 08:25:00PM +0000, Joe Mc Cool wrote:
> Please,
>
> using the bash shell, where is the documentation for command line
> completion ?
>
> I cannot seem to find it in:
>
>    man bash
>
> I understand the basics of using TAB (or ESC) to complete comand lines,
> but I do not understand some of the other niceties like ESC ESC . or ESC
> ESC NUMERIC.
>
> There may be other useful tricks I am not aware of.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe Mc Cool
Hi,

apart from Maurits' advice, I can only praise the 'Bash Reference
Manual' from 'http://www.gnu.org/', it is one of the few manuals I have
actually printed out. It's next to the bed, there is lots of useful
information to be found.

Hth,
--
Andreas Rippl -- GPG messages preferred