[SOLVED] Re: how to enable rear out jack on SB Live Platinum sound card

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 16:12 +0100, Matthew Exon wrote:
> Bram Mertens wrote:
[...]
> > Further investigation revealed that I should first unload these modules
> > but:
> > imladris:/home/m8ram# rmmod emu10k1
> > ERROR: Module emu10k1 is in use
> >
> > Neither arts nor esd are running, what else could be using this module?
>
> This rings a bell from somewhere, I think I had similar problems with...
> something or other... and managed to fix it by putting the offending
> module in a blacklist.  There's some suggestions here:
>
> http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Debian/alsa.html
>
> I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be necessary to edit /etc/modules/alsa by
> hand :-(  But anyway, I think the way to go is, rather than try to track
> down what's using the module, make sure the module never gets inserted
> in the first place.

Thanks!

I added skip emu10k1 to /etc/discover.conf rebooted and alsamixer worked
like a charm!

The rear out is labelled "Wave Surround" and the Line out is labelled
"Sigmatel Surround" and evrything is sounding great!

The document you referred to is excellent!

Regards

Bram
--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <bram-mertens@linux.be>   Linux User #349737 #
# debian testing            kernel 2.6.8-1-686     i686     512MB RAM #