Watchdog on supermicro P4SCE

Hello list,

The last few days I've been configuring a server which contains a supermicro
P4SCE mainboard.
Details on:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/P4/E7210/P4SCE.cfm
This mainboard has an onboard watchdog, although I don't know which one it
is, can't find specs.

In the bios I've got the option "Watch dog timer select" with possible
values disable to 4 minutes.

I've got the latest 2.4 and 2.6 kernel on my system. The software watchdog
in the kernel in combination with the watchdog package seems to work.
However I don't know how to get the hardware watchdog to work.
When I set the timer in the bios to 1 minute my system does reboot after a
minute but of course without proper support in my linux it keeps doing this
even when nothing is wrong.
The watchdog daemon is running (just as it did with the software raid where
it worked well) but doesn't seem to reset the hardware watchdog's timer.

In the bios I enabled the only Intel watchdog in the list under char
devices/watchdog cards. (Intel i8xx TCO Timer/Watchdog)

Any tips how to get it working?

Kind regards,
Nick De Decker