Re: gnome desktop

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 04:38:19 -0600

> So, look at gnome-fifth-toe and then cherry-pick the apps you
> want.  Very simple.

apt-get install synaptic gnome-core gnome-media metacity metacity-themes gdm gdm-themes rhythmbox gstreamer-plugins sylpheed-claws-plugins totem-xine mozilla-firefox-gnome-support gnome-themes gnome-icon-theme-gartoon gnome-commander wxvlc netmon-applet netspeed cream gnome-spell gqview

gets me the primary things I use with a few extras. From there I am content to use synaptic to pick and choose either by searching for stuff and picking from the resulting list or by viewing the suggested and recommended packages of the installed/previously selected apps and choosing from there.

I could add goobox and gwc to that list for ripping CDs and cleaning wave files, but the larger portion of the music files on my computer came from promotional downloads or sites dedicated to independent artists.

Later, Seeker