Re: Using fvwm-themes with Debian Sarge

* Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com> [04.03.05 07:36]:

> --- Felix Karpfen <felixk@webone.com.au> wrote:
> > There are problems in using "fvwm2+fvwm-themes" (because fvwm-themes
> > uses its own "fvwm2rc" file).  I can point to that file quite easily
> > from the console.  But, to get there I have to disable gdm, kdm, xdm
> > and any other XWindows login manager that Sarge appears to select by
> > default.
>
> Almost.

Snip

> Of course, all fvwm-themes-start is really doing is
> something along the lines of:
>
> fvwm -f ~/.fvwm/themesrc

It looks as though the file that is called is ~/.fvwm/themes-rc-2; which
is a symlink to

~/.fvwm/themes/current-main/themes-rc-2.

However, all I needed to do is to raise my courage to fever-pitch and
disable "gdm" in /etc/rc2.d.

I can now boot into the console by default. And fvwm-themes are again
fully operational.

Felix Karpfen

PS: My original reply appears to have gone AWOL.  If this is a
duplicate, my apologies.