Re: Which Dell Dimension ?

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 15:44 -0500, Mike Smith wrote:
> I've always prefered the Optiplex line, but the SC420 (Poweredge
> Server) looks like it would work well as a desktop and it's only $249
> (256MB, 2.53Ghz Celeron and a 40GB SATA HD), no OS.

I've got to agree with Steven Jones.

Unless you do lots of (audio and video) ripping/encoding, where
the P4's 3+GHz just overpowers the Athlon and Athlon64, the AMD
chips (especially the A64, even in 32 bit mode) are faster than
the P4.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"People had to leave everything, from photos of their
grandparents to cars. Their clothes, cash and passports has been
changed by state authorities. This is incredible, people lived,
had homes, country houses, garages, motorcyles, cars, money,
friends and relatives, people had their life, each in own niche
and then in a matter of hours this world fall in pieces and
everything goes to dogs and after few hours trip with some army
vehicle one stands under some shower, washing away radiation and
then step in a new life, naked with no home, no friends, no
money, no past and with very doubtful future."
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/page14.html