Re: FAT32 vs NTFS

At 01:05 PM 3/2/2005, Paul E Condon wrote:
I wonder if you really want to have a drive that you can plug into a Windows
box. Wouldn't it be satisfactory to state your goal as plug into an Intel x86
box? If this is OK statement of what you really need/want, then install a
version of Debian in the hard drive so that the drive is self booting, and
use ext3 for all the files, or partition the drive so that there is a FAT32
partition for Windoze stuff and an ext3 for Linux stuff (in addition to small
ext3 partition for booting)

That's a fun idea. I hadn't actually thought of booting from firewire. But I think I will not pursue that, mainly because I have to get on to other things, and the current direction seems to be (!) on the verge of being done.

But I'll definitely file that idea away for ... well, who knows when.

-Andy