Re: ndiswrapper - Invalid module format

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:50:17 +0000, Joe Freeman <bitroot@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for sending off list Levente.
>
> > > Hi, new to the forum. Just installed Debian after using Redhat/Fedora
> > > for about a year or so.
> >
> > Very good!
>
> It was quite cozy, at least ndiswrapper was working!
>
> > I know you don't want to mess up again, but I strongly suggest to use
> > Kernel and ndiswrapper from source, and not a precompiled one... well...
> > at least ndiswrapper.
>
> Right, well I managed to recompile the kernel (quite proud about it)
> and it actually loads the module now which must be a good thing.
>
> However, when I do 'iwlist wlan0 scan' I don't get any result.
>
> Only suspicious thing I can find is that when I do: 'ndiswrapper -i
> /var/windrivers/bcmwl5.inf' I get 'Forcing parameter RadioState|0 to
> RadioState|1' four times (though it still says that it has installed
> the driver successfully).

I finally got this sorted. In case anyone else has the problem, I'm
not really sure how I fixed it, but it may have been from just trying
an older version of ndiswrapper compiled from source. But basically,
just trying again and again!

No regrets from making the transition to Debian now. :-)

Best regards, Joe.