Re: Synaptic - toolbar - help

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:30:02 -0500, jim <jwoodwar@lhup.edu> wrote:
> I am running sarge with kernel 2.6.10
> Somehow the icons have vanished from the synaptic toolbar.
> I have set "text under icons", but no icons appear - therefore no text.
> Does anyone know how I can get them back?

There's a bug report about this problem here[1]. It's apparently related
to an upgrade of libglade2-0. There's no proper solution as of now, but
there is a workaround:

"As a workaround, you can install a glade-2 and open and save the file
/usr/share/synaptic/glade/window_main.glade"

Rabin Vincent
http://pandora.iu-bremen.de/~rvincent/