Re: Using USB pen drive

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 05:13:29PM -0500, T wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to copy some file from my friend's USB pen drive, but wasn't able
> to because I don't know how to properly mount it.

The answer depends on which kernel version you are running, because
there has been a switch from something older to something newer in the
way usb pluggable devices are handled. The something newer is called
'udev'. There is some controversy about what to call the older, obsolete
stuff. I am somewhat ahead of you in learning about this, but don't
yet know the answer to your question. Just be sure to suspect any
answer by someone who doesn't ask what kernel version you have before
giving advice.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net