Re: Why does Debian default to Gnome?

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 04:23:45PM -0600, ajtim@wi.rr.com wrote:
I agree what you wtote about GNOME but will be good that users have a choice what they want to install.

I like both desktops but last time when I wanted to uninstall Evolution with Synaptci it wanted to uninstall Gnome too. Is it look like Windows?

"Gnome" is a dependency package that just installs a complete GNOME suite. Since Evolution is part of that suite, the Gnome package has to be removed if you want to remove Evolution, but the rest of the individual programs that make up the suite remain.

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/