having problems installing raid

Hello
I've 2 HD SATA Seagate of 80 GB each, and I need to make a fresh sarge's installation with RAID1. If on the installation process I choose expert26 to select the module mdcfg necessary to create the RAID, I got problems and finally I couldn't install the basic sarge on them.

Moreover, ( with the same disks) doing a standard sarge installation with automatic partition, both disk are recognized and sarge install itself on one of them.

I'm using the procedure I used before to create a RAID1 on the same box, with two SATA maxtor drives.

Thanks in advance for any answer
Enediel
Linux user 398956
Debian GNU/Linux