Re: mcedit in X

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 02:56:12PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> mcedit in a text console uses Ins+Ctrl and Ins+Shift to copy and paste.
>
> That does not work in X.
>
> Anybody know a way around that?

A keyboard-lover I presume ? :-)

Where did you remembered these key-combinations ?
These come from the old-old DOS editors.  And yes,
you are right, they were supposed to work in mcedit,
at least they are working in the console.

In my xterm (Sarge) SHIFT-INS seems to paste by
default (no matter the program used) while CTRL-INS
produces kIC (named as 'shifted-ins') terminfo key.
It is not matter of "learning" keys in mc, since
my keyboard in xterm has all the keys correct, it
is maybe matter of using something like xmodmap to
produce the correct key for mcedit.

But you know what ? Why to bother ? F5 is working
just fine. Just use SHIFT-arrows to mark, and then
use F5 or F6.