Re: new install

2005/12/27, ajtim@wi.rr.com <ajtim@wi.rr.com>:
> Hi!
>
> I have now Etch on my system but i want to reinstall with reiser file
> system.
If you  have GRUB you could:
1) back up partition
2) format with reiserFS
3) restore partition

> Is it possible that I choose KDE and not GNOME, which is default?
Yes you can choose KDE, using tasksel -> desktop (or something
similar) you get gnome, but isntalling kdedesktop (i hope to be right)
package you get a KDE system "out of the box"
> Default kernel is 2.6.12-386. Is it possible to install 2.6.14-686?
Yes... simply install the appropriate package