[OT] EP-8VTAI hangs on boot with SATA HDD

Hi,

I realize this is an issue of the mobo and nothing in general.

But anyway, may be this has happened to someone.

I put the SATA WD800JD disk in and connect the cable to either the SATA1 or SATA2 connector on the mobo and boot never gets past the first screen and hangs there after detecting the IDE drives.

I unplug the SATA cable and everything is normal. But no SATA IDE.

Am I at the mercy of the EPoX support techs now?

Thanks!