CBQ Shaper Troubles "RTNETLINK: Invalid Argument"

I'm not entirely certain that I'm doing things right. All searches that showed this error tell me that I don't have CONFIG_RTNETLINK enabled, but as far as I can tell it's enabled by default since Alan Cox so declared somewhere in 2.4.x. Here's what's going on...

root@valletta:~# /etc/init.d/shaper start
Starting CBQ traffic shaping: RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
shaper.

root@valletta:~# cat /etc/shaper/cbq-10-vincas
DEVICE=eth0,100Mbit,10Mbit
RATE=1048576
WEIGHT=100Kbit
PRIO=5

Attached is my config.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd be much obliged.