Re: root can not delete a directory ,why?

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 21 December 2005 12:53, Realos wrote:

hi,

I am completely at loss. I can not delete following empty directory
as root.

drwxrwxrwx   2 root root   8192 Dec 21 18:14 kolab

I tried "rm -rf kolab", "rmdir -f kolab", "rm -fd kolab" but nothing
works.
Error message is:

rm: cannot remove directory `kolab': Device or resource busy

Humm, you weren't perchance cd'd into the directory?

Makes no difference. The cwd is a shell thing, not an OS thing
(unlike with MSDOS and Windows). It's just some shorthand
for telling the shell how to do globbing.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.