Re: apps Re: Question on backups using rsync

Alvin Oga wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Daniel Webb wrote:

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 02:16:29AM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:

One nit to pick here:

- find | tar | gpg meeets all of my requirements for most all possible potential disasters and recovery

As I describe on my backup page, that's a terrible idea.  One corrupt bit and
you lose *huge* amounts of data.

if you don't trust find|tar ... you have major problems with the machine's
reliability and these brand new commands nobody used for 30 yrs :-)

Hmm? I agree with him. If you don't fear some corruption, then why
make backups at all?

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.