Re: VPN client to Windows network

Bob Hynes wrote:
Is there a commonly used VPN client for Debian? I'd like to vpn to a windows network at work, but I'm not sure if there is something that works like the VPN client built in to XP (which is what I currently use).

For windows VPN, you will probably need to patch your kernel with the MPPE patch. Many places that use MS PPTP VPN solutions also use their broken encryption. You can also look here: http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/

That will get you started with some good instructions and packages, etc.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto