custom debian install cd

Hola,

I need to create a custom install cd using a 2.6 kernel that has support for extra sata raid drivers. I've found a few sites on how to tackle the issue:

(for example:
http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/debian-netinst/kveton/)

...though all HOWTO's i've found are using the same technique. (downloading and uncompressing the 2.8m rescue floppy .bin, and copying your vmlinuz (etc etc) to the .bin, then re-creating the iso with mini-iso.sh.

The only problem is, my 2.6 kernel is a quite a bit bigger then the available space left on the 2.8m image.

Is it possible to resize a .bin image to do what I need? Or is there any easier way to do what i'm doing?

any help appreciated.
thanks.